Thursday 6 July 2017

3. A NEW SET UP

3. A NEW SET-UP



A new place ,new people everywhere and over all a cute doll in my lap .A huge city to be unfolded and I all alone . Of course it was my decision but never thought that I would have to face all the challenges myself. My husband got transferred to the commercial capital and we came (I,my cutee pie and my hubby).We were not allotted any office quarters so we stationed at a hotel named something like 'New Bengal Lodge' this was one the cheapest hotel at that time(i.e1999). All alone there I was with my cutee pie as my hubby had to join the next day after arriving...It was a new beginning for him too ,new city ,new challenges, and new targets...I didn't want to disturb him with my subdued fears.Now I was alone in the hotel room with my daughter .She was just  15 months and alone with me in the room .The lodge had common washroom so I had to go to the washroom only when my daughter slept.Most of the time she kept on sleeping because I very cleverly used to put her milk bottle to her lips as she was about to get up so her sleep prolonged and I could finish all my washroom activities . But whole day and evening in one room locked without any window only had to talk with my daughter when she got up. My husband came back only by 6 pm all tired I too felt bad to discuss my problems which I faced here .Finally he took us out for next days fooding. I just told him can you please request the manager of the lodge to shift us to a room which had windows instead of the close packed room.He told me that those rooms were very costly and that we could not afford it right now.I understood there was no point arguing with him so just took some toys for my cutee pie .She was so happy to see the open air and people around that she did'look out for toys now.I quickly took some bread jam for our breakfast and lunch next day.This went on for three days and then finally he told me that we shifting the room as it was very unhygienic for our cuteepie. I was very happy that my daughter will see the clear blue sky and some moving objects ,Of course the problem of washroom was not yet solved . Every morning eight 'o'clock he used to go and come back by 6 pm . It was too hectic for him too.How could we hunt for a house to stay his Sunday was not going to solve our problem so I had to do something. He had one of his friend's brother staying over here I took the number from him and called him up he really helped me a lot .He came to the  hotel room had dinner with us and told he would really help us in locating a house on rent.It is very difficult to find house on rent in Mumbai but his friend's brother helped a lot he called me up after a few days that there is a house for rent somewhere after Borivalli . I told him that I would surely come to see  but of course needed my husband's permission .He directly told me that it was not possible for him I only have to decide but that I have to take care of my daughter. He really loved his daughter very much and didn't want that she should be in problem ,it was now the sixteenth day in the lodge and nothing had changed so now next morning as soon as his friend's brother called me up I locked the room and with my daughter for the first time went to the local railway station and purchased a ticket to go to the place as instructed by him . I didn't ask anyone just tried to read the indicators and got up in the train .The train had to go down and it was around 9 am so less crowded.  As instructed by him I got down in the platform with my daughter in my lap . And finally took a rickshaw and reached the destination . He showed me some houses and finally we decided on one. O course for final settlement and payment  my husband would come over on Sunday but the people were so cooperative that they told us to take the possession on that day itself.So there I was in my new set up ,finally a home after long 18 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment